CenturyLink CDN Senior Software Developer in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Partner in a team environment or be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.
• Implements computer programs for the purpose of enhancing and updating the computer system
• Tasks may include designing and coding programs and testing and documenting changes and enhancements
• Analyzes programming requests for the purpose of assisting integration with current applications
• Tasks may include project implementation, researching and evaluating problems, and recommending and implementing decisions
• Conducts training for the purpose of providing technical expertise to end users
• Tasks may include training for System Operator/Programmer, providing user activity education, and one-on-one support
• Provide data support for the CenturyLink CDN Services contracts. Includes data design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations.
• Development of CDN tools and performance views in support of operating services
• Provide primary engineering design and configuration for data systems in line with CDN customer goals and requirements
• Evaluate new technical requirements and implement tools creation
• Monitor and analyze performance across customer networks and underlying CDN tools.
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for network performance management configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of switching, routing as it would affect performance management.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other engineers
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
• Identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of systems.
• Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
• 5 years current hands on experience with the following:
• Windows Server management and configuration.
• CDN systems and tools development
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Must be available 24/7 for outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Cisco Layer 2 & 3 switch and router configuration and management
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Expertise or extensive experience with: Jupyter Notebook, APIs, R, or Python
• Thorough understanding of databases and visualization tools (SQL, Elasticsearch, OpenTSDB, Kibana, Grafana)
• Rational database proficiency
• Data Modeling
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition # : 220701
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.