CenturyLink SR OPERATIONS ENGINEER - CDN in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
• Provide data support for the CenturyLink CDN contracts. Includes data design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations.
• Provide primary CDN network engineering and Tier III troubleshooting and problem isolation
• Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
• Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the CDN solutions
• Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching via the IP Network.
• Monitor and analyze performance across customer networks and underlying MS Tools deployments as required for CDN.
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for network performance management configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of switching, routing as it would affect performance management.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other engineers
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
• Identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of systems.
• Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
• Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to network performance management equipment to detect faults,and minimize malfunctions.
• Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
• Triage of customer service impacts, outline and execution of mitigation actions
• Provide direct interface with other CenturyLink departments in support of the CDN Services.
3 years current hands on experience with the following:
• Windows/Linux Server management and configuration.
• Isolation of telecom and/or network outage causes and service restorations
• CDN Systems Operation.
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Must be available 24/7 for outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Cisco Layer 2 & 3 switch and router configuration and management
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient level of understanding of the content distribution capabilities from end to end
• Knowledge of Caching, Streaming, Storage, DNS and Security
• Proficient understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, Linux Command Line and Web Delivery
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition # : 220707
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.