CenturyLink Manager, Talent Development in Idaho
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This role is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees through training and learning programs. This person is responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, coordination and presentation of training and learning programs for all CenturyLink employees. They will be responsible for identifying the business needs that drive the programs and implement effective solutions to meet those needs. They will continually assess current programs effectiveness and be able to demonstrate the impact to each program through measurable results. They will also actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and develop employee skills through coaching. All the while, being responsible for optimizing timelines and cost/benefit of their programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Managing a team of direct reports and indirect reports, overseeing their performance, metrics, output, skill development, and career projection
• Actively providing effective growth and development opportunities.
• Develop and monitor spending in alignment with the departmental budget.
• Exemplify the desired culture and unifying principles of the organization.
• Work effectively as a team member and provide support the Talent Development/ Human Resources organization.
• Partner with HRBPs to ensure consistency of training policies and procedures.
• Manage every aspect of the program needs including coordination, logistics, marketing, and delivery.
• Proven track record to process implementation, standard work preferably LEAN BP
• Project manage the significant changes that occur within the team and programs.
• Partner with business leaders to understand team challenges, skill gaps and training needs to create and deliver an effective training roadmap to ensure the continuous improvement and development of employees.
• Effectively facilitate programs as needed.
• Administer processes and personally provide feedback to facilitators
• Provide recommendations for the improvement programs and program materials.
• Utilize a variety of service delivery channels across the library of programs.
• Engage in vendor management, budget management, strategic sourcing, program marketing, and internal communication of learning events.
Measurement and Analytics
• Continually assess the current training and learning library of courses and measure impact of programs and delivery channels
• Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
• Create operating metrics to measure impact and performance
• Create cost effective solutions that drive broad organizational impact.
SPECIFIC to CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTERS: Key Responsibilities include:
• Ability to work with the Contact Center leadership teams to ensure training strategies align with objectives
• 3+ years in formal Learning and Development experience or similar job experience
• 3+ years in direct people leadership positions, preferably within training functions
• Comfortable consulting with customers and tactfully providing perspectives on how to maximize learning effectiveness.
• Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a cost-conscious and practical approach to using time and resources
• Proven experience in leading large training efforts in a distributed organization with many locations across the USA (50K+ employees).
• Excellent business acumen
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Strong reporting, metrics, and analytical capabilities
• Strong facilitation skills
• Strong project planning and program management skills associated with learning and development initiatives
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong organization, project management, and customer service skills.
SPECIFIC to CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTERS: QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Experience with various Delivery Methods and Sales Methodologies
• Experience with Customer Contact Centers preferably with labor and workforce understanding
• Bachelor's degree in learning, human resources, or communication field or 5+ years related equivalent experience
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 220868
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.